Patrons must use their own library cards when checking out items and when using Internet terminals. Financial responsibility for all materials borrowed belongs to either the cardholder or the cardholder’s parent/legal guardian. Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to the library. It is the patron’s responsibility to notify the library of address, email or phone number changes.
· 3 Week Items: Books, Lucky Day Books, DVDs, CDs, Audiobooks, Backpacks, Hotspots, Chromebooks, State Park Passes, Magazines & Scores
· 1 Week Items: Best Sellers
· 50 total Items per Card: Any combination of Books, Best Seller, Lucky Day Books, Magazines, DVDs, CDs & Audiobooks.
· 3 each per Card: Lucky Day Books
· 2 each per Card: Backpacks
· 1 each per Card: Chromebooks, Hotspots, and State Park Passes
For your convenience, items will be automatically renewed after 10:00 a.m. on their due date if they are eligible for renewal.
Items with holds, items renewed five times, Interlibrary Loan items, Homebound patrons and Lucky Day books are not eligible for renewal.
Please verify your due dates by logging into your account.
Overdue fines are no longer accrued. Patrons are still responsible for items that are not returned or returned damaged. Borrowing privileges are blocked when items are 21 days overdue and items are billed when 30 days overdue.
Find out more at ocpl.org/nolatefines
The Library will send notifications as follows:
Holds ready for pick-up:
- WHEN A REQUESTED ITEM IS AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP: When an item is available at the requested pick up location a hold pick-up notification will be sent by email, phone or text. Items will be held for 7 days.
Due date reminder notifications:
- 2 DAYS BEFORE ITEMS ARE DUE: Courtesy due date reminder notice is sent by text or email.
Overdue notifications are sent as follows:
- 1 DAY OVERDUE: Library sends overdue notice by email or text.
- 4 DAYS OVERDUE: Library sends overdue notice by email, phone or text.
- 8 DAYS OVERDUE: Library sends overdue notice by email, phone or text.
- 14 DAYS OVERDUE: Library sends overdue notice by email or text.
- 21 DAYS OVERDUE: Library sends overdue notice by email, phone or text.
- 30 DAYS OVERDUE: Overdue items are now set to Lost and account is billed the cost of the item. The account is blocked.
You will be provided with the due date at the time materials are borrowed. You may also check your due dates and current account status online at ocpl.org, or by calling or visiting your nearest branch. Library Notices are provided as a courtesy. Borrowers are responsible for returning materials on-time.
· Damaged Items—Cost of item
· Lost Items—Cost of item
· Paid for items returned in good condition within 6 months of payment date will be refunded minus a $7.00 handling fee
· Charge for returned checks—$25.00
· Charge for each subsequent check—$35.00
· OC Public Libraries assumes no responsibility for personal equipment or property damaged while using library property, i.e., compact disc players, DVD players, or computers
· There is a limit of 25 holds allowed per card.
OC Public Libraries’ Borrowing Policy Effective 11/23/2021