Borrowing Privileges and Policies
Patrons must use their own library cards when checking out items and when using Internet terminals. Financial responsibility for all materials borrowed belongs to either the cardholder or the cardholder’s parent/legal guardian. Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to the library. It is the patron’s responsibility to notify the library of address, email or phone number changes.
· 3 Week Items: Books, Lucky Day Books, DVDs, CDs, Audio Books, Magazines & Scores
· 1 Week Items: Best Sellers
· 50 total Items per Card: Any combination of Books, Best Seller, Lucky Day Books, Magazines, DVDs, CDs & Audiobooks.
· 10 each per Card: Non-fiction DVDs, Entertainment DVDs, CDs, & Audio Books
· 3 each per Card: Lucky Day Books
· For your convenience, items will be automatically renewed on their due date if they are eligible for renewal. Items with holds, items renewed five times, Interlibrary Loan items, Homebound patrons and Lucky Day books are not eligible for renewal. Please verify your due dates by logging into your account.
· $.25 per item per day, up to a maximum of:
· $10.00 for Books, CDs, DVDs, & Audio Books
· $5.00 for Paperback Books
· $3.00 for Magazines & Pamphlets
· Fines accumulate daily, including days the library is closed
· Book Drops are available when the library is closed
· Damaged Items—Cost of item
· Lost Items—Cost of item
· Paid for items returned in good condition within 6 months of payment date will be refunded minus a $7.00 handling fee
· Charge for returned checks—$25.00
· Charge for each subsequent check—$35.00
· A $5.00 collection referral fee will be added to accounts of $35.00–49.99
· A $15.00 collection referral fee will be added to accounts of $50.00 or more
· OC Public Libraries assumes no responsibility for personal equipment or property damaged while using library property, i.e., compact disc players, DVD players, or computers
· Overdue notices are a courtesy only. Patrons are responsible for managing their library accounts online at http://www.ocpl.org/ or by contacting staff at any of one of our 33 locations.
· There is a limit of 25 holds allowed per card.
OC Public Libraries’ Borrowing Policy Effective 2/1/2019