1. Public Access Internet Terminals are available at all OCPL branches.
2. You must have a valid OCPL library card to use the internet terminals at an OCPL branch
3. You may make a reservation to log-on and use the computer at any one of the branches. You will be notified when only 5 minutes remain in your session.
4. Branches are responsible for scheduling their workstations. Procedures vary from branch to branch. Please contact the branch to find out if reservations are needed.
5. Children under the age of 18 who have a valid OCPL library card may use filtered Internet terminals in the children's area of the library without obtaining special permission to do so. "Filtered" terminals utilize software designed to minimize minors' access to inappropriate sites or materials. Children under the age of eighteen wishing to use the unfiltered Internet at OCPL libraries must first provide an OCPL Internet Parental Permission Agreement form signed by their parent or guardian, in which the responsible adult specifically states that they wish their child to use the unfiltered Internet. As in the case with other resources in the Library collection, a minor's access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
6. Bring your own USB storage device if you wish to save files. WARNING: Software or a file downloaded from the internet may contain a virus. You need to have virus checking software loaded on your computer to avoid a virus
7. Misuse of the computer or Internet access will result in loss of your computer privileges.
8. Public use will be self-service although staff will be available to help users with basic access as needed and as time permits. Library staff cannot provide in-depth training concerning the Internet or personal computer use. Staff may be able to offer searching suggestions or answer questions. Because of library scheduling, Internet trained staff may not always be available.